Mother’s Day Gifting
Let’s face it: Being a mom is a pretty tough job. Think of everything that you’ve put her through over the years. First, the late-night feedings and never-ending conveyor belt of diapers. Then, the tantrums, spills and relentless whys. Let’s just not mention the teenage years. Through it all, she’s been there for you, guiding, teaching and helping you become the person you are today. What does she receive every year as thanks for this all-consuming job that she’s had? A $5 greeting card and maybe, if she’s lucky, a phone call. Don’t you think she deserves a bit more?
It’s not that she just deserves more, though. It’s that she deserves something good! That being said, we present some good and bad gift ideas for Mother’s Day.
Here are a few options to stay away from if you’re looking to impress, not distress, your mother:
- Home goods. This includes vacuums, kitchen items, clothing irons or anything else that might remind her of the household work that she has to deal with on a daily basis. This is her day to relax, unwind and forget about all of those chores. If your mom is a coffee fanatic and you get her a nice espresso machine, you can make an exception. For the most part, stay away from the entire category!
- Electronics. Unless your mother is a passionate technophile, stay away from electronics. It’s supposed to be a day of warmth and caring. A new TV just doesn’t fit the bill.
- The same gift you got her last year. Show some initiative! I’m sure she didn’t give you the same gift card every year on your birthday growing up. Make it personal and thoughtful.
So now that you know what not to get, the elephant in the room is what do you get her? Whatever it is, tailor it to your mother’s interests and likes. Being thoughtful and considerate is the most important part, so if you get that right, she’ll enjoy whatever she receives. Here are some of our suggestions to get you on the right track:
- A spa day. Your mom deserves at least one day of being pampered each year. This is the perfect opportunity to ensure that it happens.
- Flowers. This is a classic Mother’s Day gift for a reason. A beautiful bouquet of your mom’s favorite flowers is sure to bring a smile to her face. Pair it with this exquisite crystal vase from Hamilton Jewelers to really up the wow factor.
- Jewelry. We here at Hamilton Jewelers have got you covered, no matter what type of pieces your mother enjoys. Here is a collection of our best gifting ideas for the special day. Whether she’s into necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings, watches or specialized decorative pieces, we have a plethora of fantastic options that will have her feeling loved and appreciated.
So please show your mom some gratitude this Mother’s Day. Show her thanks for all of the skinned knees she’s tended to, the hurt feelings she’s helped repair and the countless hours she’s spent helping you grow into an independent adult. She deserves more than one day. She certainly deserves more than a card.