DEAR MEMBER OF THE PRINCETON COMMUNITY,
In an effort to assist those most affected by COVID-19 and support our local community, we invite you to join an online auction initiative to raise proceeds for independent and small businesses in our community and their employees.
Hamilton Jewelers has created and is managing this campaign. We appreciate the support of our Mayor and those members of council who work with the business community, as well as the Princeton Merchants Association and the Regional Chamber of Commerce. Some initial notes for your consideration:
- Everyone is invited and encouraged to participate! You do not need to be a business owner - - individuals, organizations, civic groups, any business type or size can join the initiative - - everyone is welcome!
- You simply donate what you are able to, for redemption either now or in the future.
- For any merchant, feel free to donate products, services, or fun experiences (private shopping, group events, virtual or in-person classes, or anything you can think of). Gift cards for future use are always welcomed.
- For restaurants who are so adversely affected right now, consider future private dining opportunities, in-home or in-restaurant chef’s dinners, cooking classes, or whatever else you are able to offer.
- For service professionals, perhaps a video consultation to individuals or businesses on how to navigate the current times or set themselves up for success after the pandemic.
- Even the smallest businesses or freelance workers can participate by donating video fitness sessions, virtual art classes, coaching, dog-walking services, shopping assistance for those who are unable to do so themselves, or other unique services.
- Children or young adults who are home from school also may have something to offer: lawn mowing service, offering a seminar on one of your majors or masters programs you’re studying for, social media assistance, virtual tech support offerings, and other ways to get involved are welcomed.
- Feel free to get creative! If you don’t have inventory or services to offer, your knowledge and support have tremendous value to our community now more than ever.
- An online auction platform portal has been created to identify items for bidding, pricing, photos, descriptions, etc. for the community to view. Hamilton is funding all costs, operating the platform and logistics, and managing all administrative tasks.
- Monies will be distributed equally amongst eligible businesses by the end of May.
- The proceeds of the auction go to benefit those within the business community that are in particular distress at this time, such as:
- Displaced workers which have been laid off
- Local businesses and their employees
- Businesses wishing to apply for funding from the auction are encouraged to do so by completing the information in the link below.
- Digital communication, social media posts, media outreach and other collateral will be created and disseminated to the public to raise awareness and garner support.
- The auction launched on April 20th and will run through May 20th
- New items are added daily and disbursements to small businesses will occur by the end of May.
We are seeking your support for this important initiative. If you are unable to donate at this time, perhaps you can simply share the program with your clients, friends, and social media contacts.
We thank you for your consideration and will keep everyone apprised of our progress. Wishing good health to you and yours; stay well.